Followers

Thursday 11 February 2016

Elliott's Angels DT - Sunflower Hi!

Hi!

I have another card on the Hope and Chances blog today and I've included a tutorial for the Spellbinders Create a Sunflower die set.  Here is my card:-


And here is the side view to show off the dimension of the sunflower


I started with 7" card blank and added layers in yellow and pearlescent brown.  My pattered paper is from the Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather pad and this is definitely my favourite!  I used the Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One die set to create my wave between the two patterned papers.  My sentiment came from Spellbinders Phrase Set One and its layered onto a cut down die cut from Spellbinders Labels Thirty Seven and the speech bubble from Spellbinders Snapshot.

My sunflower was made from the Spellbinders Create a Sunflower die set and I loved watching it take shape.  I started by cutting all the petals and centres.


Then I shaped around my finger before gluing in place with Cosmic Shimmer dries clear glue.


It's important to offset each layer to give a full flower.



I'm sure this would look great in different colours and no one needs to know it's meant to be a sunflower!  I attached my sunflower to my card with some 3D foam pads for added dimension.  If you fancy having a go, head on over to the Hope & Chances Shop to pick up the sunflower die set and it's on sale.

Happy crafting,
Rachel x